Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Getting in the Thanksgiving Spirit


We were in a merry Thanksgiving mood and ready to take a drive to Philadelphia from Boston for a family gathering, when my daughter came down with the flu.  Now that our plans have changed we have to regroup and make the best out of the situation.   We of course will be home and I am o.k. with it.   I will likely run out tonight, I know...insane, and pick up a few things to throw together tomorrow for us.  I just hope my daughter will feel better by then, she was really looking forward to all the festivities with her family.  I was thinking of things to be thankful for and...I am very thankful that we were not at a hotel somewhere and she then became sick, that would have been awful for her.  I am also very thankful that she is strong and healthy and she will get through this.  I am very thankful that we will be together at home where we can all be comfortable and have a quiet, simple evening (of course with the sounds of football in the background!).  So, we are going to do our best to get into the Thanksgiving Spirit.  I found some quotes that I found to explain it best.  Hope everyone has a wonderful meal and that you are with the ones you love.
Happy Thanksgiving


"If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily." -Gerald Good


"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." -W.T. Purkiser

"Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence." -Erma Bombeck
Enjoy
~jamilyn~
*Images are from Martha Stewart..of course!

3 wonderful comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

Hi Jamilyn,

So sorry to hear about your daughter. Thank goodness you are all at home. That makes feeling sick a little easier.

One christmas, many years ago when our boys were small, we went to visit my father-in-law in Colorado. The first day there, our oldest said he didn't feel too well. By the next morning (christmas day) all 3 of them had the chicken pox. I can't tell you how stressful that was. It's a christmas I will never forget!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Janet

Fargerike Dagny said...

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, but I really love the pictures you've chosen, so beautiful. And Thanksgiving really is a fantastic holiday!! Have a fabulous day!

ps - Hope your daughter is feeling better!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well, I hope she feels better very soon. My husband is a doctor and working a 42 hour shift, so it's me and the pets today! Another non-traditional holiday.
Brenda