Friday, April 16, 2010

Photo's Of My Bedroom



I love making my rooms look better than they really are when I take photo's.  Or maybe, after seeing these photo's, they are not as bad as I make them out to be.  My master bedroom is terribly boring to me.  There is only the bed, nightstand (ready for a change) and lamp.  Not even a rug to warm things up!  Oh, there is a nice painting that we picked up at the Sausalito Arts Festival when we lived in San Francisco.  I guess there is also the cute green decorative pillow which I have had forever! There is no oomph!  No personality!  No warmth! I am really good at making my bed look decent and maybe my bedside table is a teeny tiny bit interesting with my pretty bird dish (given to me by my mother-in-law) to hold my earrings.  I cover my side table to protect it, with one of my most favorite finds, and that is a french tea towel with black and white toile.  I just love it and I guess that makes it better (just wish I ironed it for my photo shoot).  This room will probably be the last on the list of most important to tackle.  However, when I am in here, I don't find it conducive to sleep.  I need a cozy, serene, beautiful space. So, I may move it up on the list.  

So much to do...so little time...and budget's that get in the way!
{I did order a bench from Restoration Hardware for this room and will post soon}

For your pleasure and curiosity {if you are at all at this point}:
Bed:  Martha Stewart for Bernhardt
Nightstand:  Martha's also
Lamp: Restoration Hardware
Duvet: Shabby Chic for Target
Decorative Pillow:  Kar'a'van
Matalesse coverlet and shams:  I think Bed Bath (?)
Earrings: Banana Republic
Wall color:  Silken Pine by Benjamin Moore
Trim: White Dove by Benjamin Moore
Painting:  The Blue Angel,  odenarts@aol.com

When I see everything in my bedroom listed out like this, it strikes me as kind of funny.  I really don't think about all the different places I pull things from.  What a weird list!

So, there you have a peak into another of my decorating dilemma's.  I look forward to the book FLIP! For Decorating by Elizabeth Mayhew. Hopefully it can shed some light on how to move forward and get things done!

I decided it was best to extend my giveaway until Monday, 4/19/10 (closes midnight).  I will be traveling this weekend to NY and will announce winner on Tuesday, 4/20/10.  It will be easier for me!  Sorry for the confusion!

 I am giving away FLIP! For Decorating~ enter for a chance.  
This giveaway is now closed.
Thanks and I will let you know on Tuesday!
~jamilyn

*Photo's property of and taken by Living It At Home*

20 wonderful comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you're off to a great start with that gorgeous bed! I absolutely love the headboard! You have great style so I'm sure whatever you do will be fabulous!
I was just looking at that book on Amazon the other day and probably should add it to my collection!
Have a great weekend ~
Sarah

Design Esquire said...

It's going in the right direction! I love the bed and the way you decorated the side table.

1 Funky Woman said...

Jamilyn, I love your style. Your bed is fab and that green pillow, what a great color. Its funny that people always leave the bedroom for last. You need to move that up on your list since it isn't giving you peaceful dreams. I know anything you do will be amazing, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Love that picture!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Looks gorgeous!! love all the details! and you took great photos! I can never take any decent photo of my home... will keep trying :)
Have a lovely weekend xo

Unknown said...

Love your bed...thinking if you can style and take such great photos...finishing up your fab bedroom will be a piece of cake!

Mary Ann said...

i love things found on your bedroom, it is cozy with clean lines...you do take good photos, something i need to work on. love your kitchen photo,too. i am excited to see your new purchase from restoration hardware. the toile is timeless! you have a great weekend! maryann

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

That bed looks so comfy and inviting right now!

Catherine said...

Love your four poster bed! And the toile tea towel is beautiful, love toile. I'd like to put a bench at the end of our four poster...look forward to seeing yours. Happy weekend! Trina

the gardener's cottage said...

Hi Jamilyn,

Are you sure you are not confusting boring with serene? Because it looks very serene to me. I love it. But you know I like very simple, spare spaces. So I either just saved you a bunch of money or you are now running to get more stuff!

Have fun in NY.

~janet

Kathysue said...

Hi Jamilyn, I have been meaning to get over to your wonderful blog ever since you left such a sweet comment on my blog post. I am so glad you came by and left a comment so I could find you. I wish more people left comments it is so fun to go and visit blogs I don't even know about, like yours. Hope to see you there again!! Now I am going to go and look around, I am liking what I see so far, Kathysue

Karen said...

I'm trying to spice up my bedroom design too. I absolutely love that pillow on your bed though. That one accessory really adds to the rooms appeal. I think you are off to a great start and have some terrific pieces. If you are anything like me, it's finding the perfect accessories that is so elusive.

Marija said...

Jamilyn I am in love with your painting!

Love your resource list. Always fun to see where others shop :)

Marija

My Dream Canvas said...

What a gorgeous bedroom..love your style.

Cat said...

Love the wide green pillow...it is like a panoramic picture :) A very sweet touch of color in the room.

Fabulous (as always :))!

xo Cat

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Love it so far!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Jamilyn,
Your room is beautiful!Not one speck of bad. And I am in love with your bed...I have been looking for something like that for a while now.

Anonymous said...

Jamilyn ~ love the painting! f.y.i ~ I tagged you in the 6th photo game, if you have already been tagged, my apologies!

The Gimlet Eye said...

Hey, Jamilyn! Thanks for commenting on Gimlet! Um, your bed is ridic. I adore it. I cannot wait to see what else you have to show us of the room. Job WELL DONE!

Fargerike Dagny said...

Swooon! That bed!! Me likey!!

Susan said...

I love the bed! Wonderful choice.

I own a couple of antique beds---and swore after I bought the first one that I would never get another. And the, I couldn't resist.

I love your blog.