Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Cozy Fall Day At My House~"Living It & Loving It"








I am having such a cozy fall day at my house today that I just had to share it! The cold chill has finally arrived and I decided to light my first fire of the season.  I love everything about it...the crackle of the logs, the warm glow, and the heavenly scent of burning wood.  It was so mesmerizing watching the flames that I fell asleep for a while!  So blissful and warm.  I have slowly been decorating the inside of my home and I am just loving how it all looks.  Fall really is my favorite time.  My home feels so inviting I wanted to show everyone!  Welcome!  I do feel like I am "Living It and Loving It".  I think if you spend a few moments everyday adding a little flourish of decoration or changing an arrangement, it is the best way to enjoy your home.  Make it personal and decorate for yourself.  Bring out something you cherish, like a  silver pitcher and fill it with sunflowers (like I did).  Grab some fall leaves and bring them inside.  Pumpkins are an easy way to bring color into to your home.  I even love using white pumpkins.  I will be finishing up outside soon and post some photo's.  Stay warm!

~jamilyn

Photo's taken via me, nailhead stool:Restoration Hardware




14 wonderful comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Jamilyn, you nailed warm and cozy! I would love to curl up by that beautiful fire. The green table outside with the pumpkin and platter is so pretty, all of it is.
Thanks for sharing your day.

Londen
xo

Karen said...

While I love the warm weather, there is something so nice about the change of temperature. It really does make you want to stay home and add those little touches like the pumpkins you added that make your house feel so inviting. It's such a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Unknown said...

Absolutely! I love your cozy and inviting atmosphere! Wish I could share a cup of tea with you...
And your pumpkins everywhere!
I just notice the beautiful molding around your fire place!
We had the first fire yesterday as well, so much fun, our youngest immediately roasted marshmallows...

XX
Victoria

mermaid gallery said...

cozy, cozy, cozy,....I love the little pumpkins on the tall candlesticks!

Scientific Housewife said...

That does look cozy and you reminded me that I need to buy some gourds :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the autumn inspiration! I wish I was in front of a roaring fire as I write this. Have a wonderful fall in New England!
Best,
Amy Meier

Living It At Home said...

Thank you everyone! I love getting cozy in front of a roaring fire in the fall! Those candlesticks I scored at a thrift shop for only $12 bucks and they are very heavy!

Lauren said...

Jamilyn!! It's so warm & cozy & elegant!

Enjoy your house & it's beautiful.
xoxo,
lauren

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Oooh...I'm so jealous! I wish I had a working fireplace. = ) Mine are just for show...

abby jenkins said...

I was planting bulbs outside this weekend and couldn't resist a wood fire in our BBQ which is actually part of our stone wall off the patio. Not only did it smell divine whenever my hands would get a chill I would head on over and rub them over the fire. I love autumn!

Unknown said...

so cute. I wish I was home right now ...finishing decorating! Love your fireplace.

Angela said...

Love your home and your blog. I have an atypical comment. Have you recently posted about a new rug in your kitchen? One of the bloggers I follow did and I made a mental note to go back to it, then forgot which blog I was on. Thanks.

paula said...

It all looks quite beautiful. I would love to sit by your fireplace with a cup of cider.

LindsB said...

You reminded me I need to get my butt out to the store and pick up some pumpkins before Halloween is gone- I LOVE all yours here, so cozy!