Monday, June 21, 2010

Norfolk Island Pine-will have to replicate this

While shopping in Nesting On Main in Concord, Mass., I focused in on this charming houseplant.  There were several of them scattered around the store and I had to find out what they were.  Never heard of Norfolk Island Pine but new I had to replicate this arrangement.  I even love how the plant is potted in an urn.  I don't think the urn was even an expensive one.  Wasn't very heavy or anything (you know one of those fake ones).  I am just smitten with this plant.  Too bad they weren't for sale...just a decoration for the store.



I just love how feathery and whimsical it looks.   
I am on the look out now for a pot or urn to plant one in.

This is not a very good picture, but this pine was larger that the rest.  I would love to place one in my kitchen by my sliding glass doors.
The only problem with a houseplant is when you go away...  We are renting a house up in Maine on the ocean in a few weeks and I don't want to buy a houseplant before that.   I usually kill my plants and that combined with leaving it for a week without water would surely do it in.  If you would like more info. on the Norfolk Island Pine go here.  

xoxojamilyn

{Photo's via me}

9 wonderful comments:

Design Esquire said...

I've never heard of that plant either! It has such wonderful texture, and I agree the urn is such a neat way to plant it. I need to make it out to that store!

Mary Ann said...

you must have visited tons of lovely shops around your area, and that seems to be my goal when i go on a vacation. hope you have a great week...verbena cottage

Annelie said...

Oooh, Nesting on Main - love that shop. I always worry the're gonna think I'm nuts when I'm in that store because of my extended browsing.
That pine is beautiful, and I like the urn too.

I'm afraid it wouldn't be a good purchase here either. I most often kill my indoor plants, and it looks like this one has some requirements that I wouldn't be able to meet. Estimated time of survival here - 3 weeks.

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

Seems like a lot of fun,happy week

mermaid gallery said...

I have a norfolk pine that i bought one year as my Christmas tree. It was perfect. Now it is out on my deck, in the shade, and enjoying being out of the house....

Erica @ Decorica said...

Such a cute little tree!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I love the texture as well. I have a total black thumb so I'm certain it would be dead in a few short weeks, but it is pretty!

LindsB said...

My grandparents used to have these kind of plans all over their house in Maine- I love them!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

That is a cool plant! I'm going to check it out. Thanks Jamilyn!