Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Hunting" In Boston...have to buy something from here

My "hunting" trip lead me here...Hudson in Boston.  FANtastic store.  I have never been to this location.  I have shopped at the Hudson in Wellesley in the past.  I am desperate to buy something from here.  I am actually pretty crazed that I can't seem to find something.  I think I am trying to hard!  It is like writers block I guess...I have "decorating my home" block!!!!!
You have to look at all of these photo's (for those of you who can't make it to Boston!).  Amazing!

These are just the cutest pillows.  Again, if I had a "summer home" / if- when- HOW?  I would grab one of these for sure.  Wouldn't you?  
Would be cute in a youngster's room too or a family room for that matter!



The one thing that I absolutely love about this shop is how they mix and match styles, finishes, and periods.  I am actually going "cookoo" trying to figure out how to do it.  I am so in-love with this kind of decorating.  It obviously really takes talent and an eye for what works.  For me, it is hard work, not so easy.  Maybe, it is that I just don't trust what I like.  My husband always says, just buy what you like and you will always be happy when you see it at home.  Not so easy for me though.  Another realization I have come to learn about myself is that I LIKE too many things!  I really think I could go so many different ways when It comes to decorating.  I see one image in a magazine and I am like "wow", I am going to do exactly that.  Then I look through another magazine and see something totally different that catches my eye.  Also, all these fabulous blogs are not helping my cause either!  Believe me, I love all of them and the images that they present are amazing!  There is so much inspiration and talent out there but it can be overwhelming trying to sort it all out.  I seriously am thinking of studying design so I can just be comfortable decorating my home.  Maybe I am too afraid of costly mistakes.  I also think that I could easily change my mind in a few years and be ready to move on to something else.  I guess that is what most people love to do anyway.  Right?  A home should never truly be DONE.  Too boring!!!!!!

This arrangement caught my eye.  See how it is all mixed up but  put together at the same time!  

Stunning furniture.

These side tables are so great!


Wish I had a spot for this chandelier.  Or the guts to even hang it in my home!  


Tufted cuteness.


Coffee table attraction!


Getting worked up looking at these photo's again!  This chair below is so pretty.  Trying to think where I could put it.  Bedroom maybe?

So, enjoyed shopping here.  
A bit frustrated seeing all this great stuff and not being able to take it all home!
Have a great day!
xoxojamilyn

*Images property of Living It At Home*

13 wonderful comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Jamilyn,
I know just how you feel!! I have so many different ideas in my head it really gets ovewhelming. And yes, if your going to spend some real $$ on something you feel a lot more cautious.

I wish I could help but I could only relate.
I had fun shopping at that beautiful store with you even though we didnt buy anything.
Londen

My Owl Barn said...

I love all the furniture pieces in there. My favorite is that bee print pillow.

Kotivalo said...

Must be hard to choose, I could take almost everything from there! = )

Fargerike Dagny said...

ABsolutely LOVE the chair covered with the striped blue/white fabric and gold pillow. The coffe table is also amazing!

Scientific Housewife said...

How cute is that bed and pillows!

Design Esquire said...

I feel the same way! That store is lovely too. I've been in both the Boston and Wellesley stores - so much eye candy!

Hamptontoes said...

What a fabulous store. I think I could have fun in there...thanks for sharing! The pillows are too perfect and the chandelier would be great in a ski home (instead of an antler fixture).

Fran said...

I've been dying to go to this store. No excuse, really. I live about an hour away. Thanks for sharing those pictures - fabulous!

Unknown said...

Darling, even the professionals feel this way, trust me! Because it is easier with some distance to make decisions, after all I do not live there!
My own house is a different story, one tinted also by budget, I love always what's out of my reach, yes!
And also what's there over years, taste change and ideas about living, one cannot blast the place and start over, believe me I thought of it too!
Don't get overwhelmed, just pick one room at the time, pick a basic style and go for it, forget about the rest! It's all about selection, be a little gutsy and work with accessoires, they help so much make it interesting and they are easier to exchange. I agree with you, a house is never done! Too boring! And don't be afraid to make a desicion, there are no real mistakes, go for your feeling it will work, nothing is more boring then absolute perfection!
And if you hate it, sell it!

XX
Victoria

My Notting Hill said...

I love this store -had a chance to visit last year. This June I'll be in Boston again and am looking forward to visiting. Is the Wellesly store worth travelling out to? Michele

Living It At Home said...

Michele~ Yes, I think the Wellesley store is worth a visit. It is also styled in Jill's signature way. They have different merchandise than the one in Boston. You can also make a whole day trip out of it by eating at Blue Ginger and then shopping around the town. Hudson is surrounded by some nice shopping. And on a nice day, especially in June, you will enjoy it.

Have fun!

paula said...

I dream of going to this shop, one day I suppose. For now I just enjoy looking at it on line. so happy you shared.

Chic Coles said...

Love those pillows on the bed. I will have to stop by on my next trip to Boston!