Monday, April 5, 2010

Consign It

OK...never put my dog in a bag before, but she was going in because I had to stop to check this place out {love how her hair is all crazy-good dog}.  Consign It, located Mason Street in Greenwich Connecticut, was on my list to see when I was driving this past weekend from Massachusetts to New York.  Maggie was actually quite obliging and so was my daughter (who was eager to get to see her relatives for Easter-if you are wondering why I haven't mentioned my hubby that's because he had to work all weekend)!  I knew I would not have that much time to do my leisurely shopping and gawking.  I practically rushed through the whole place in thirty minutes and then my dog became restless and so did my daughter.  Greenwich, CT is lovely and I would live there in a heart beat!  I love coming upon charming towns (that I want to relocate to).  Consign It was unbelievable-as you will see below.  Chuck full of the most wonderful finds.  
I feel like I am giving away a secret.  I don't mind if it is for you, my readers! Hee!  Actually, I first heard of this wonderful place from Good Bones, Great Pieces blog.
When we finally found Consign It, and it came into view, I was actually squealing with joy!  My daughter couldn't believe I was behaving that way.  I couldn't wait to get inside and wander around.  I knew it would be great. She wanted to know, "Why are you so happy to see old beat up furniture?"  

This was the first scene I encountered.  I said, "I am in love".  Glittering glory and antique splendor...I was so excited to be there looking at it all.  This is seriously one of my new favorite places to shop.  Hours from Boston.  However, when I visit my family in NY, I can just make a wee little detour to shop here.  
Two floors of treasures and very unique furniture.  If I had more time, I know I would have walked out with something.


I am looking for a mirror for over my sideboard in my dinning room.  This one is about the right size.  I like the details on this one.  Unfortunately, it takes me awhile to settle on one.

Another arch angel painting. I have come across at least three in the past couple of months.  Weird!  But I love them though.


Tall candlesticks are really cool!

Outside was as good as the inside.  Furniture everywhere!  I just wonder if they leave it out in the rain.  Great chairs await new fabric!

Below,  cute little upholstered settee and chair for a child's room.  I love the monkey fabric that they used on them.  I would leave it just as they are.



Too much to see in only 30 minutes.  I had to move on and get to NY.  We had a really nice weekend visiting family.  Traffic on the way back was horrendous!
I can't stop thinking about this place and will have to go back. 

~jamilyn

*Photo's property of Living It At Home*





23 wonderful comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I see some great pieces! Great find!

Red Door Home said...

Looks like a great place. How would you compare the pricing to other thrift stores you have visited? Loved all the mirrors and chairs.

deb said...

This looks like a wonderful place - wish I wasn't so far away!!

Living It At Home said...

Question from Red Door Home:

How would you compare the pricing to other thrift stores you have visited?

~I actually was not "sticker" shocked when I saw something I liked. That was a pleasant surprise from other consignment stores that are way overpriced.

Thanks!

Hamptontoes said...

I've been there before - it is a great little find! Isn't Greenwich just amazing. I love going there, it's quite close to where I live. The little children's sofa/chair are darling. I have that monkey textile on chairs!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like torture, you were like a kid in a candy store and you knew you were racing against the clock trying to soak it all in before the dog/daughter got restless! Beautiful shop, love the dog in the bag. :)

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

That place looks really cool! I would have fun looking through there too.

I love the picture of your little dog in your bag, too cute!

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

Great find'i want those chairs'

Scientific Housewife said...

Wow, that place looks great!

1 Funky Woman said...

I saw several things that I loved! I love that angel picture too! Definitely a place you have to go back to!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

This place looks amazing! Your dog is adorable.

Marija said...

Jamilyn my favorite posts are the ones where you take us shopping! This place was a total find and your pictures are great! I want more!!! Marija

Unknown said...

Oh how fabulous! A consignment shop in Greenwich, oh I just die! It is such a lovely town, I would love to live there, too (won't be happening anytime soon, however!). Great post, glad you had a good trip!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic store! I am in need of a great mirror and have already emailed them. Thank you for the tip off! :)
Best,
Amy Meier

Mary Ann said...

going to shops like this is my weakness. i always find something that's a bargain and i want to take home. am sure you had so much fun. you have great week ahead! maryann

Mary Ann said...

btw, your dog is very cute...she knows she can get away with staying in the bag...now i will go and get my doggie and hug her! maryann

Unknown said...

What a great place, if only I lived near by. The mirrors and chairs beautiful.

paula said...

How I would love to browse this place. so happy you did it for us!

Casco Bay Soap Co. said...

yes, nice find! I get pretty excited over beat up old furniture too....
:)
Shannon
www.cascobaysoap.com
P.S. your dog is a cutie!

Unknown said...

This kinda freaked me out when I first logged on, cause you were about 30 minutes from my house....and I have been there several times! Now after reading, thinking I want to go back! :)

Lindsey said...

OMG - I could go CRAZY in this place!! What great finds!! Oh and Iove your doggie in a bag, I've been wanting to put mine in one too! =)

Unknown said...

I love that place... Have been snooping around there a few times. My daughter seems to mirror yours! What in the world do I want to look there for what???

LOL!

Enjoy !
Victoria

Kathysue said...

Jamilyn, Love this place, nicest consignment store I have ever seen. I would definitely frequent there, it looks like lots of treasures to be found, I am so enjoying your blog post,Kathysue