Thursday, April 15, 2010

What Was I Doing At 3:23PM?

At 3:23PM, I was taking this picture in my kitchen.

Before that, my breakfast area was just too disappointing.
I look at so many wonderful images almost every minute, it seems, of every day.
Beautifully decorated homes with rooms that could make your jaw drop (you know).

I had to get creative just to feel better...

The staging:
The light was just perfect.
The Forsythia's are in bloom.
An orange so sweet.
Linen cloth for cover.
A simple French napkin.
Antique silver treasures.
Oh, and clock from Target!
Not bad, eh?

I feel better now!
{None of this is very poetic and I am not going to show the before picture.}
{Ruins the whole fantasy for me!}

GIVEAWAY!
Don't forget about my Giveaway for the FLIP! For Decorating Book by Elizabeth Mayhew!
Enter here for the chance to own this wonderful decorating book!
This giveaway is now closed.
I am ordering one for myself!
I have way to many decorating dilemma's (I had asked my readers to share decorating dilemma's).
This book is perfect for me!


Thanks and enjoy!
~jamilyn

*Photo taken by Living It At Home*

17 wonderful comments:

nelya said...

Now that is one beautifully decorated home with a room that makes my jaw drop!

You captured a lovely image, Jamilyn. The light is amazing and if you hadn't indicated otherwise, I would have thought it came straight out of a magazine. Cross my heart! :0)

LiveLikeYou said...

Wow what a good photographer you are! And stylist! It looks so simple and chic.

Cat said...

Very lovely picture...the light and the grandness of your flower arrangement is absolutely breathtaking!

the gardener's cottage said...

Simply beautiful. Perfect.

~janet

paula said...

Oh my, I thought this was part of a magazine. looks gorgeous and serene. perfect spot for tea.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

simple, uncomplicated and very pretty! great job!

Unknown said...

Awww, I too thought that was a magazine pic! You're a lot more productive than I am at 3 a.m. than I, a photo of our house would find me channel surfing and eating cold pizza, no doubt! Love it!

Living It At Home said...

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love taking photo's and enjoyed staging this scene in my kitchen. I know a magazine will not be featuring my home anytime soon so....with my blog, I did my own magazine feature! It also was good for my "creative" spirit! It was fun!

Unknown said...

Oh I didn't pay attention, 3 p.m., DUH! Of course you're sane enough to be asleep at 3 a.m., lol!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Pretty photo- I just posted about forsythia too! Great minds :)

Also, my middle name is Lynn! So I am a Jaime Lynn too!!!

LindsB said...

I love that photo- its just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for all the comments you leave for me - I can't believe I haven't visited you sooner!
You have the most beautiful and inspirational posts and I can't wait to follow along!
:) Sarah

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Jamilyn,
This is a jaw dropping picture! Beautiful and calm. I thought it was from a magazine too. Really.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog you have. Our style is very similar. I am a new follower!
AK

Gwen Driscoll said...

Isn't it amazing what just a little bit of fluffing and styling does for your spirit? I've started using branches a lot because they last so long and just look really pretty. Thanks for always stopping by RHS. I really appreciate your kind words and support. Have a great weekend.

Yvonne Blacker said...

What a great shot, Jamilyn! Time well spent : )

Charlotta Ward said...

Gorgeous breakfast area! So fresh and inviting. Really lovely picture and so sweet that you shared it with us.

x Charlotta