Monday, April 12, 2010

"Wicked" Good Lamps

I have heard the term "wicked" used here in the Boston area when a local really likes something.  I will be using it for the first time for these lamps!  I have been here for almost 4 years and thought I need to try out the local jargon (really only have heard it used once)!  Home Goods really is surprising me lately.  I was not shopping for lamps but thought I should share these with you.  Bright, fresh and colorful lamps for any scheme.  Could add that one pop of color you may need to finish or jazz up your room.  
Great prices too!

Fresh green spring!

A touch of spunk!

This lamp is really tall and had an Anthropologie flare to it with the twine shade and wooden base.  There was a pair of these on clearance.  I wish I had a spot for them.  They could add some drama to a space with their height. Looked better in person.

Black and white your thing?  Crisp and sharp.  Many to choose from.

White and summery.  Perfect if you want to bring some lightness into the room.  The shade on the left actually was fashioned to resemble cork.  It has great texture paired with the white base.
Get over to your local Home Goods to check out what they have been up to!
Surprisingly "wicked" good stuff!  {Excuse all the slang talk!}

Have a wonderful day!
~jamilyn

*Photo's property of Living It At Home*

20 wonderful comments:

1 Funky Woman said...

Can I just say how much it stinks that we don't have a Home Goods here? I am in love with all of those lamps. I have a lamp fetish! Just how some woman adore shoes, thats me and lamps!

Anonymous said...

I love Homegoods, there are always neat finds there. As a fellow Bostonian who was born and raised here this was a wicked cool post!

Staley Mc said...

The past few times I've gone in Home Goods I have found atleast 4 or 5 lamps I love!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I would get the green ones without a second thought!

Jessica @ A Bushel and a Peck said...

Love the lamps...especially the one with the cork shade. But I think it's really funny that you've only heard "wicked" used once. As a born-and-bred Boston girl, I can say for sure it's not uncommon to hear it multiple times in one conversation! :)

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

These lamps are great. We don't have Home Goods here but I think its the same as our HomeSense.

paula said...

oh no. this post is not helping my lamp addiction:)

It took me years to break the habit of saying wicked. people down south though I was nuts.

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

You are so wicked cute! I can always find goodies at Home Goods.

Mary Ann said...

home goods always my fav destination! learning something from the bostonians-'wicked'.have a great week..maryann

Unknown said...

Your blog is wicked awesome! I was just at a Homegoods in Atlanta on Friday, and was marveling at the exact same thing, their lamp collection lately is happenin'! They had the most fabulous turquoise ones, I wish I'd had my camera!

Amy @ Varnish said...

Going to Home Goods today! Gotta love a good bargain.

Jen said...

Oh how i love, love, love HomeGoods stores. I have one close to my house and all the employees know me by first name ;-) As for the lamps, I'm lovin' the coral colored ones!! Wonmder if my store has them?...

Laura said...

I love the shades in the first couple pictures! I'm a sucker for green in decor!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love Home Goods... Just got the same lamp as in spunky in turquoise for my daughter's bedroom! The one with the turquoise laquer inside the shade. It is so fabulous!

XX
Victoria

Marija said...

I thought I would get tired of seeing Homegoods lamps but I never do! Your last two are terrific finds. Totally unique and they would work in so many different spaces!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

So cute! I want a hot pink one for my dresser---it's begging for a good find like these! xoxo katie

Jodi Kendall said...

definitely loving those green lamps + shades! :) very spring.

Unknown said...

omg! must get to home goods...immediately! Thanks!

Bridget said...

i agree! home goods is the bomb. especially the one in saugus i think? the one combined with tjmaxx (im from boston area too!)

Kathysue said...

Love, love Homegoods. I have a lamp addiction along with pillows and mirrors so going to Homegoods is probably not a good thing for me. I have lamps sitting in closets but I truly use them I bring them out from time to time to make changes, crazy but true. I love lamps and HG is the best to find a bargain. You are sooo right!!