Thursday, April 8, 2010

Great Chairs & Docksta Table

I was looking for chairs and came across some great beauties at Arhaus Furniture.  I have only been in this store once before and this time was pleasantly surprised by what I found.  These are great accent chairs.  Pretty reasonable for how they look.  They also have great looking hide rugs.

Many chairs caught my eye but I was actually looking for a chair like the one below for my kitchen.

I was considering purchasing the Docksta table at Ikea and pair it with these black wooden chairs.  My kitchen is mostly white and I thought the accent of the black would work.  Not ready to show a picture of that area yet.  I really want to rip the whole kitchen out and start over! {My kitchen really makes me crazy.  I have always dreamed of a professional kitchen}




Image via Apartment Therapy.  This is just lovely.  She claims her Docksta table wobbles!  That is why I am so hesitant to buy one.  The saying, "You get what you pay for," keeps invading my thoughts.

The use of the Docksta table in these rooms is so inspiring however and keep pulling me back to it!

White with black...kind of what I was going for.

Lauren at Pure Style Home uses the Docksta table from Ikea beautifully in her kitchen nook.  When I saw what she did with this table, I had to have one.  I really just want to have fun with it and not worry to much about how inexpensive it is (or that it comes from Ikea-Shhh)!  Sometimes you just have to say, "What the heck!"  I don't think I am prepared to pay thousands for a kitchen table...yet!

Oh, but how pretty the Saarinen table is with that marble top!  It is funny, I was just thinking as I was looking at all of these photo's...  Before I started getting into decorating and looking at everything that has to do with decor.  I never thought in a million years that I would ever be into modern furniture.  Now, I am totally smitten with sleek pieces like the Saarinen table.  I think for me, I could never go completely modern...I am not that kind of girl.  However, when the Docksta table or the Saarinen table is mixed with painted chairs, I love it!  So happy that my tastes have evolved to incorporate this kind of decorating!  

Has this also happened to you in which your decorating style has evolved?

~jamilyn



14 wonderful comments:

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

I have that table and want new chairs for it!! Love the pairing with black. I think I want the rest of my kitchen to be really light and neutral. Painting needs to be done...

Unknown said...

Jamilyn, those chairs with the place setting are incredible! I love whimsical design like that!

Anonymous said...

Love the table with the marble top! :)

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

If I had space, or was changing my dining room I would definitely go for it, so pretty!, and actually only round table I would get

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

The shape of the ikea table is classic - can't go wrong with it! That being said I have had the pleasure of seeing the saarinen table with the marble top in person and it is totally stunning. Photos do not do it justice!

Mary Ann said...

i sure love the last picture with the blue chairs...i can see those in my home and how i can decorate it. beautiful...great choices,love the first picture too! maryann

1 Funky Woman said...

I love those tables and the chairs with the silverware are fantastic!

paula said...

Love the 2 chairs in the second pic. They would be quite gorgeous around that table.

LindsB said...

That table is great- It goes with almost any kind of chair and looks good in any room. I think its a great choice!!!

the gardener's cottage said...

I have always loved that table too!

Silvia C said...

The Black and white chair in the second picture is fabulous!

Jennifer Mowery Marsh said...

Ah, the tulip table! It is a great simple peice to pair with traditional chairs. I think it's a great idea. I wonder how much the Saarinen table would cost from Knoll? Maybe go to a showroom to see if it wobbles!

Glad I found your blog, it's fun to see your progress... I pick away at my place too. But it's hard as an architect since everyone else's house comes first! Plan to add you to my blog list...thanks for sharing.

Goody said...

i own that table..i actually got it second hand from craigslist and its perfect..no wobbling whatsoever..and i have had it for 2 yrs and i use it as my desk so it gets a lot of use

Jesselyn Girl said...

I have the Docksta and I love it so! No wobbles here. Maybe her floor is just uneven? Hmmm...